Cornerstone Market & Deli is currently seeking a Market & Deli Team Member (Full & Part-Time) responsible for greeting and serving guests, cashiering, preparing food, maintaining food safety and sanitation standards, and stocking the sales floor in a newly founded local small business. Ultimately, you will provide exceptional guest service in both the market and deli to ensure guests have a pleasantly memorable dining and shopping experience.
The Market & Deli Team Member’s (Part-Time) Responsibilities Include:
- Upholding and adhering to Celebration’s Five Cornerstone Principles and Our Mission Statement at all times.
- Delivering superior guest service, maximizing the guest experience and guest satisfaction including:
- Enthusiastically greeting guests as they enter the Market & Deli utilizing the 10 and 5 Rule.
- Processing market and deli transactions using a Point-of-Sale system.
- Demonstrating a complete understanding of menu items for guest clarity.
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and stocking the Market & Deli to provide a safe and welcoming environment to guests.
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Desire to work in a quick-service restaurant environment.
- Passion for guest/customer service.
- The ability to remember and recall ingredients in dishes to inform guests.
- Familiarity and experience operating a Point-of-Sale (POS) system. (Or ability to learn)
- Be comfortable with cash handling.
- Food Safety Certification is a plus
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Hospitable – provides exceptional guest service on the front line to guests from across the world.
- Safety-Oriented – understands that food safety, physical safety, and cleanliness are crucial components in a successful deli.
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous.
- Communicative – demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate in a fast-paced potentially stressful environment
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires dynamic shifts.
- Detail-Oriented – pays close attention to detail to create unique experiences for guests.
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail.
Cornerstone Market & Deli is a locally owned, customer-oriented Market & Deli that provides convenient access to market staples, pantry products and delicious prepared meals encompassing the essence of New Orleans. One of the defining characteristics of Cornerstone Market & Deli is the highlight of a New Orleans style-of-life in our products and services.
Our purpose is not to compete with local grocery chains, but to supplement and augment those offerings with an emphasis on convenience. Mobile ordering for both our Market & Deli, along with curbside pickup, make the shopping experience quick and easy for our busy guests.
Additionally, we listen to our guests! By welcoming feedback through our website, our goal is to tailor our inventory to the specific wants and desires of our patrons.
Cornerstone Market & Deli is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin. We welcome and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply, as we believe a diverse workplace is crucial in determining the success of the business!
Job Type: Part-time
Hourly: Starting at $11.00 per hour plus tips (based on experience)
- Employee discount
Supplemental pay types:
- English (Required)
Work Location: One location