Team / Shift Leader
Cornerstone Market & Deli is currently seeking a Shift Leader (Full-Time / Part-Time) to lead a team of dedicated individuals that strive to provide exceptional guest service in a local small business. We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy times. Ultimately, you will ensure our Market and Deli runs smoothly and guests have a pleasantly memorable dining and shopping experience.
The Shift Leader’s (Full-Time / Part-Time) Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinating daily Market & Deli operations before, during and after normal business hours including:
- Maintaining the Market & Deli revenue, profitability and quality goals.
- Regularly reviewing product quality and stock.
- Organizing and supervising team shifts.
- Ensuring compliance with sanitation and safety guidelines/regulations.
- Appraising staff performance and providing feedback to team members and management to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Controlling operational costs and identifying measures to cut waste.
- Estimating future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products.
- Delivering superior guest service, maximizing the guest experience and guest satisfaction including:
- Enthusiastically greeting guests as they enter the Market & Deli utilizing the 10 and 5 Rule.
- Responding efficiently and accurately to Market & Deli guest concerns.
- Training new and current employees on proper guest service practices including eye-contact, body language, and tone of voice.
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and organizing the Market & Deli to provide a safe and welcoming environment to guests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven work experience in a quick-service restaurant or similar environment. (2 + Years Preferred).
- Proven guest/customer service experience. (2 + Years Preferred).
- Proven Team Leadership experience (2 + Years Preferred).
- Knowledge of the Food & Beverage (F&B) industry with the ability to remember and recall ingredients in dishes to inform guests and staff. (2 + Years Preferred).
- Familiarity and experience operating a Point-of-Sale (POS) system. (2 + Years Preferred).
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills. (2 + Years Preferred).
- Proven cash handling experience (2 + Years Preferred).
- Full-Time Team Members must be available to work an average of 35-40 hours per week.
- Part-Time Team Members must be available to work an average of 24-30 hours per week.
- Food Safety Certification is a plus.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Safety-Oriented – understands that the safety of all guests and team members are crucial components in a successful business.
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous.
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects.
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires dynamic shifts.
- Detail-Oriented – pays close attention to detail to create a well-rounded business.
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail.
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction but knows when to ask for help.
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity.
Cornerstone Market & Deli is a locally owned, guest-oriented Market & Deli that provides convenient access to market staples, pantry products and delicious prepared meals encompassing the essence of New Orleans. One of the defining characteristics of Cornerstone Market & Deli is the highlight of New Orleans way-of-life in our products and services.
Our purpose is not to compete with local grocery chains, but to supplement and augment those offerings with an emphasis on convenience. Mobile ordering for both our Market & Deli, along with curbside pickup, make the shopping experience quick and easy for our busy guests. We believe in being mindful stewards of the environment; we reduce our environmental impact by eliminating the use of single-use plastics to the greatest extent possible, offering electronic receipts, and using biodegradable and plant-based plastics.
Additionally, we listen to our guests! By welcoming feedback through our website our goal is to tailor our inventory to the specific wants and desires of our patrons.
Cornerstone Market & Deli is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin. We welcome and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply, as we believe a diverse workplace is crucial in determining the success of the business!
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Hourly Pay: $13.00 – $15.00 per hour plus tips
- Employee discount
- Coffee shop
- Fast casual restaurant
- Quick service & fast food restaurant
Supplemental pay types: